Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wine to Divine !!



“Though Not an alcoholic ,I hv tried to share my experience with alcohol and how youngsters gets attracted to it during their college,professional life and how it gradually takes them to the path of destruction instead of evolution”

I was a good guy,Unlike my friends who took to smoking and boozing right before class X.I didn't

An idealistic I was,I wanted to do it from my own money..when I earn….I didn’t had to wait for long, things followed one after other and I landed up a Job after completing my education...It is usually considered uncool among youths in Bengal,if you dnt Indulge in ‘Sigarate’(Cigarette) or Maal khawa( Boozing),Since My job was near to my home state of Bengal.I ended up having some roomies who were 'Social Drinkers'

Soon All barriers were broken ..had Good Job, Salary, Away from Home coupled with a company of 'Social Drinkers'...In a small city like Ranchi,which had limited entertainment options(Not even a Multiplex at that time!),weekends provided a perfect gateway to Boozeeee

Started first with beer,It tasted good, had a nice feeling,I felt I can have it to my heart content and yet I will be steady,so khub jama rang..jab mil bhaita sab ek sang...started looking forward towards weekends..It took me from a state of I am not alright to I don’t care (ignorance is bliss,they say !!)...

The experiments continued and got introduced to vodka…A peg in and then Ecstasy!!!! …what a nice feeling!! …the worries just got dissolved in the mug!!..Relief from  Stress,Tension,anxiety,boredom,what more can one ask for?

The merriment continued,office parties,events,farewells provided perfect combinations,I then joined the Telecom industry,when it was in the peak,each milestone  achieved led to a Party in the company and “Cheers”..drink and dance till midnight…

Then landed up in bangalore-The Pub city as they call it,the cool climate and glitzy pubs provided perfect ambience.After all The Southies are game for it any time…..
I had covered almost all good pubs in ORR(Outer ring road)…

….But it ws having its effect,Obesity,anger,frustration,laziness..kept increasing,it never decreased..these are meant to be part of life anyways…and to overcome them you have entertainment-Pubs,bars..movies,malls…this formed part of my thinking….started looking forward to weekends and drowned.. few pegs and next Sunday full relaxation(read hangover) sleep till noon…what a perfect way to spend weekends…would woke up when the half the day was already over…felt bad about it..bt ws helpless..this is how things are supposed to be….

Never realized tht time bomb was ticking…and one day all of a sudden after a meeting at office..THUD…I fell down with slight pain in the chest…there ws darkness…I was rushed to nearest hospital..

The doctor on seeing me understood the problem –‘Erratic Lifestyle’ was what he said and for the next 30 mins he took my class,he asked my age and said “you shouldn’tbe here at this age!!...People have forgotten hw to live life,in olden days people used to wake up at Brahmakaal(I wondered wht ws it!) and perform their work and they were active,you guys have adopted western lifestyle,next time I don’t want you to be seen in this hospital even though as a doctor it is a financial loss for me

I asked him what is the way out..He said something which sounded Greek and Latin to me –Sudarshan Kriya by Art of Living I wondered what it was and how it can correct lifestyle problems
…I decided to put an end to all these and abide by the Doc’s suggestion, I made enquiry and found out about a class near to my office..

But logical brain always plays its part-“These NGOs are money making entities, meant for elitists,You cannot trust Godmen these days,there are so many of them making tall proclamations,”all these came to my mind..

Finally I landed up in the center,they made me do yoga-the bones crackled after years of neglect J ,then came something unique, we were asked to close our eyes ..a beautiful voice chanted OM,it was soothing..and then followed the powerful ((((SOOO-HAAM))))…breathe in & breathe out….continued for 45 mins…and then yog nidra(almost dozed off here)

When I opened my eyes…ECSTASY !!!!..much much better than litres of vodkas I thot..where ws my anxiety,tension,why I am so calm????….no words were coming out of mouth…

The next two days of the class were equally blissful…I wondered if I by doing kriya just for a day I can get so much relief,what if I continue daily..it was to be ..
I could wake up early after full night of peaceful sleep..wow this is so wonderful a simple and neglected thing as breathe has so much power..it can change your personality!!!


…I continued with it…weeks and months passed and I could reduce my weight considerably become more flexible,agile and active and moreover good control over anger…



Who is Sri Sri-I wondered.. …I thanked him for this wonderful technique called sudarshan kriya, but ws still apprehensive…nevertheless I started associating myself more and more with art of living programmes,attending Satsangs(No boring bhajans which I used to hear in my childhood).

  .Here the satsangs were equally rocking(You must attend one to experience it ),you can dance,you can sway ..no restriction and no tutoring of rules..this must be a decent organization!!…

did advance course at Ashram-4 Days of Silence (earned the sobriquet of ‘talkative’ in school days!!) amidst natural beauty and on5th day words did not came out of mouth ..

Finally when I met Sri Sri all my misconception about Godmen vanished-Simple,down to earth,no Gun totting body guards-you can go near to him,touch him (you have to wear a dhoti and take your shirt off,and approach with your mouth covered,in case you have to meet some pontiffs in south ) ..

The High and Low,the young and old ,South Indian or North Easterner all got equally treatment from him,no “Special Darshan” or VIP queues …..simple answers to complicated questions that’s how I found him

Surprise Surprise Surprise Here is Someone  who is saying that LIFE can be a Celebration!!!,(and we used to say ‘Zindagi Jhand hai’)  

for spirituality you need NOT have to go to Himalayas ,you can meditate even in a crowd(Try it-I did)

Now  whenever I find someone who is also experimenting with alcohol like it did,I show them the video by one of my Favourite AOL teacher-Sh Bawa


Life is Celebration –Experience it with Art of Living !!

Jai Guru Dev
Viswa


From Ignorance to Evolution :)

No comments: