Sunday, July 17, 2016

My Story - Gurupurnima Special



My Schooling was not something great to be talked of,Never got opportunity to study in 'Elite Schools', mine was an obscure school,tucked in one small by lane of Howrah,West Bengal-Today even the building does not exist!!..
I could hardly converse in English(even after graduation),leave alone write..
......all the writings which i did was restricted to answers mugged up for exams,many of my brethren realized that studying in such school will not help in their career and switched to good schools...but my father who like Mohabbatein's Narayan Shankar (Amitabh ) believed in "Muje parivartan pasand nahi" & kept me in the same school saying 'a good student will study anywhere !!!'
it was not until 1997,when we moved to another town,that i got to mingle with people from diverse background,i started having inferiority complex, when i learnt, that they are having so much outer knowledge,they discussed about career options,competitive exams all of these were greek & latin to me....
That day i decided that come what may i will not fall short of knowledge,i will travel to places ,learn new things,experiment blah blah
...my hunt for gaining knowledge began...i started reading voraciously anything & everything...eventually my job took me to all 4 corners of india...switched jobs,switched roles & profiles..but it was not fulfilling,that 'Something' was lacking...what could it be?....may be what i was gathering was just information,which though was useful but was not fulfilling,something was lacking..
....answers to questions,solution to permanent joy,a Formula, A Key...the quest continued....Finally culminating in 'Sudharshan Kriya'-.The Answer to many problems lie in 'Breathe' and for that a Master is needed...
A Teacher may provide information,but master provides knowledge, the the Shift which everyone wants !
Pranams

No comments: